Reason for regions

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach17

Reason for regions

Postby aacoach17 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:10 pm

I did not do extensive research on this, I just simply went to the WVSSAC website and looked at each sports regional/sectional alignment. I do not think that wrestling was necessarily picked on, or any other sport for that matter, I just think whatever committee picked it did it without thought to the individual sports. The alignments are very similar in each sport. So, one matter a person/persons could take to the SSAC is that alignments need to be postulated for the specific sport with that specific sport in mind (data would be helpful). That should not just be for wrestling, but all sports. I believe when we look to better all WV sports the higher ups have to respond. The arguments for looking into a sport before aligning them are many. It would help the sport grow, promote fairness (one of the big topics on here now), and I also believe it could help generate more revenue. Just my 2 cents.

vortexfan

Re: Reason for regions

Postby vortexfan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am

The regionals situation is sad, it could be fixed with less expemse to schools, fans and generate more revenue for WVSSAC.
Region 4 is stacked no doubt about it, If u think a two Region format would work we need to contact the Committee and SSAC. I like some other proposals as well, but the two format would help teams have more of their team competing for team points. This would just not favor South and Parkersburg, like some have said.

KDunbar

Re: Reason for regions

Postby KDunbar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm

I don't think any regional alignment would favor PHS and South unless you put them in different regions. Whatever region gets either of them is worse off than before, historically speaking.

Return to “High School Wrestling”