Team Points - South vs Independence. Who will score more team points?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.

Independence
70%
South
30%

Total votes: 20

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Who will score more team points, South in AAA or Independence in AA-A?
I personally think AA is tougher than AAA, so I initially think South. But looking at the polls, Independence has more wrestlers ranked in the top two which should allow them to make up some ground. What do you think?
Sorry Cliff, but I'm leaning towards my home town team.

brentsams

Re: Team Points - South vs Independence. Who will score more team points?

Postby brentsams » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:50 pm

Round 1 - South 46, Indy 42.5

mattman

Postby mattman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 am

Not even close. Indy will be in the 240 range

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 am

I prefer:

1. Number of state champions.

2. Number of wrestlers on the podium.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:48 am

Round 2
South 106.5
Indy 102

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:49 am

Round 3
Indy 200.5
South 179.5

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Round 4
Indy 232.5
South 190.5

GsUpChooseDown

Postby GsUpChooseDown » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Why is this even a topic? This gets so old. Indy has a great team and they beat South in a dual. Hats off to them, but you can't compare the two just yet. They had a good team the last few years. South has done it year in and year out for awhile. Let me know when they reach 20 state titles and we can re discuss. Haters are going to Hate and I'm sure as Indy success continues to grow they will be the same victim as South has become over the years. Guess it makes for a fun conversation....cause that's all it is and ever will be.

mattman

Postby mattman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:02 am

The old saying goes to be the man you gotta beat the man and Indy did just that. You sound like Al Bundy and the 5 touchdown game at Polk high. Indy is here to stay my guy. I'm saying it doesn't matter what you did 40 years ago because only the people who were apart of that are the ones that remember. Parkersburg and wood county has been atop the game for a long time. All the money from the jr state tournament is distributed in wood county so I suspect they can fill the youth programs. Indy has im sure half the students roughly as south. The Hart bro's control the youth and middle school program and that's where it all starts. Moral of the story is Indy is here to stay and many programs around the state are catching the wood county schools. Hats off to South and Big Reds but wrestling around the state is getting better and better. Not just in Coal City and Parkersburg but from bottom to top. I don't care where your from. I love the game and respect the wrestlers, coaches , and parents involved. I hope South and Indy become a rival and can dual for years to come. It's a good thing imo

GsUpChooseDown

Postby GsUpChooseDown » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:17 am

:lol: :lol: with the Al Bundy comment. Well played sir. Ummmm we aren't talking about 40 years ago cause we are still winning championships...and more than likely will tie PHS next year for the most in the state all time. You can't compare a AAA and AA/A tourney. If you want to compare apples to apples tourney wise....the last time South and Indy were in an actual tourney together was last year at the WSAZ's....you tell me who won that match up? Wasn't close. Either way we will agree to disagree. You are obviously an Indy fan where I am a South fan.

Indy has some great kids and great coaching and it shows. I as well hope they continue on their current path. And I'm sure both schools will meet up going forward. I mean us fans have to have something to talk about and argue about on here.....right?!

Return to “High School Wrestling”