State Tournament needs changed

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach64

Re: State Tournament needs changed

Postby mscoach64 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Congrats to Bridgeport for winning the AAA state championship tonight. Bluefield is awarded the AA title

KSRefBP

Postby KSRefBP » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:58 am

Brian Pauley
Retired Kanawha Southern Wrestling Official
KS1845

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 pm

I thought that the idea behind making a change was to attempt to move the schools like Wheeling Central Catholic and Huntington St. Joseph, who can draw athletes from large metropolitan areas (at least large when compared to all the other schools in their classification) and even draw from other states, into the "old" AA classification where they would have a more competitive environment. This new change seems to obviously help those schools now in the "new" A class to have a chance at the state title. However, I'm not sure this has really changed anything much for all the other schools now in the "new" AA class as they still have a much more limited population to draw from compared to the private schools who have small student bodies but a broad source of talent who can choose to attend their school. I'm guessing that it's the depth of talent that these private schools can amass so that the quality of players manning the 4th thru 8th positions on a basketball team give them a decided advantage over the schools totally limited to the small populations of their counties.

Return to “High School Wrestling”